Does Walgreens take Google Pay?
I’m sure you’ve asked yourself this and haven’t known the answer.
Google’s made it easier than ever for anyone to pay using their phone, tablet, or laptop. But has Walgreens followed suit and taken Google Pay?
Walgreens is the first retailer to integrate the Android Pay Payment method. So yes, Walgreens take Google Pay. You can download the Android Pay application from Google Play and add your Balance Rewards card information.
Aside from Android Pay, Walgreens offers quite a number of other payment methods.
Let’s find out!
What Is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a digital wallet that lets you make purchases with your phone.
It’s available for Android, iOS, and the web and works like your regular credit or debit card. You can sign up for Google Pay from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
Google Pay is a fast, secure way to pay with your phone wherever you go.
It’s easy to set up and use, and we’ll even help you get started by setting up your mobile device and transferring funds immediately.
Google Pay’s main features include:
- The ability to make payments in stores or online
- The ability to split bills between multiple people
- You can send money to friends or family member
You can also register non-Google devices as payers if you want to use them at places that don’t accept Google Pay.
See Also: Does Walgreens Accept Ebt?
Does Walgreens Take Google Pay?
Yes, Walgreens does take Google Pay.
Walgreens is an American corporation that operates pharmacies, retail stores, and healthcare clinics.
It serves more than 9 million people in all 50 US states and the District of Columbia. Walgreens owns over 8,000 retail locations worldwide.
Not only does Walgreens take google pay, but also my Walgreens Credit, Cards Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Gift Cards, Visa Checkout, Masterpass, PayPal, and PayPal Credit (Formerly Bill Me Later), and CareCredit.
But you have to know the ones eligible for in-store and online payment.
- Walgreens gift cards
- All major debit and credit cards
- Visa and MasterCard
- Discover Network
- EBT (selected stores only)
- Contactless payment, Apple and Google Pay
Online at Walgreens.com
- Major debit cards
- Visa and MasterCard
- Discover Network
- American Express
- Apple, Samsung, and Google Pay
- Paypal Credit
How To Use Google Pay In Walgreen Stores (In Just 4 Simple Steps)
If you’ve used Google Pay in the past, you know that it’s the fastest way to pay for things at stores.
But what if you’re new to Google Pay? That’s where we come in! Here’s how to use Google Pay in a Walgreens store:
Once you have downloaded the Google Pay app and linked a default payment card, go to the checkout line or self-scan lane when you finish shopping—it doesn’t matter which.
Follow my lead below, although the steps below can be applied differently depending on your phone device:
- Step 1: Ensure your phone is awake. You don’t necessarily have to log in to Google Pay.
- Step 2: Hold the device close to the NFC read on the EXACT spot highlighted on the terminal.
- Step 3: You’ll be asked to use a touch ID or passcode for verification. Follow the prompts.
- Step 4: That’s all! You must wait for the blue checkmark to appear, showing a successful transaction.
How To Pay With Android Smartwatch
Paying Google Pay with your Android Smartwatch is slightly different yet fast.
- Step 1: Log in to the Google Pay app
- Step 2: Draw close to the NFC reader
- Step 3: And just with your phone, you MUST follow the prompts entering a passcode even if a debit card is the default payment
- Step 4: Tap on “Credit” and wait for your device to make a soft beep or gentle vibration, signaling that the transaction is complete.
How To Use Google Pay On Walgreens.com
Unlike the other payment, you don’t have to keep re-entering your credit card number or codes.
- Step 1: In the checkout, tap GPay.
- Step 2: Enter your login details
- Step 3: You can choose the card from your digital wallet by searching for it in a dropdown menu
- Step 4: To place an order, follow the on-screen prompts and enter a delivery address
- Step 5: Once satisfied with your choices, tap Place Order Now. Google will send a confirmation message shortly to your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s The Google Pay Spending Limit?
The Google Pay Spending Limit is a cap on how much you can spend in Google Pay. Google sets the limit, and it changes periodically.
But for now, this is a rule of thumb:
- $2000 maximum on a single transaction
- $2500 per day
- No more than 15 transactions per day
NOTE: The same limits apply if you purchase items from Walgreens directly or through their website.
What Payment Methods That Walgreens Does Not Accept?
While Walgreens takes a wide variety of payment options, making it convenient for customers, they DO NOT accept any of the following:
- Business Checks
- Mall Certificates
- Foreign Currency
- Foreign Checks
- Merchant Gift Cards
- Chamber Bucks
- Money Orders
- Zip Pay
Can You Get Cashback At Walgreens With Google Pay?
Yes, you can get cash back at Walgreens using Google Pay!
It’s super easy to use the Walgreens app for Android or iOS and get cashback on your purchases.
Set up the Walgreens app and link your rewards credit card to the settings menu. You can also add multiple cards at once and have them show up in your cashback tab.
Where Is Google Pay Accepted?
More places than you could think! We can’t list them here because we won’t be able to go home today.
But it’s up to millions. It works in select pharmacies, supermarkets, restaurants, gas stations, beauty shops, clothing stores, and other retailers that accept mobile payments.
See Also: Does Walgreens Accept Wic?
Google is making a serious push into the digital payment arena.
The premise is simple: Google Pay will work precisely like Apple Pay and Samsung Pay. Just load up your payment cards in the app and checkout with a single tap of your phone.
Now you know Walgreens take Google Pay. We’ll be writing more on many other major retailers are on board with this new mobile payment system.
So, revisit at your earliest convenient time!