If you’ve never used PayPal to pay for things at the grocery store, you will certainly be wondering if you can actually pay with PayPal at grocery stores. But do grocery stores accept Paypal?
That is a resounding YES!!! Many e-commerce sites accept PayPal for payment, but you may not realize that many grocery stores also accept Paypal. Grocery stores that accept Paypal include Wal-Mart, Target, Kroger, Safeway, and Whole Foods.
Some grocery stores allow you to purchase groceries online, and others allow you to scan items in the store using your mobile phone to upload your shopping list and purchase items via Paypal.
What Is Paypal?
PayPal is a digital payment service that allows you to send money to anyone with a bank account or credit card, whether you know them or not.
It was founded in 1998 by former eBay employees Peter Thiel, Elon Musk, and Max Levchin.
PayPal allows users to make payments on the internet and through mobile devices. It’s used by over 200 million people worldwide and is backed by eBay.
Do Grocery Stores Accept Paypal?
If you are looking for a way to make your grocery shopping a little more convenient, PayPal is the way to go.
With all of the benefits of PayPal and its partnership with grocery stores, it’s easy to see why PayPal is the best option for your groceries!
Although, they have several payment options available, including credit cards, debit cards, bank account transfers, and cash payments at thousands of locations worldwide.
But with PayPal, you can even set up recurring payments so you won’t have to worry about forgetting an outstanding balance.
You can also use PayPal with many major retailers, including Target, Walmart, eBay, and Macy’s, to name a few!
While there may be other ways to pay for groceries online like Apple Pay or Google Wallet (which works with both Android phones), they don’t offer all of the same benefits as using PayPal, which makes it easier than ever before when it comes time for your next big shopping trip!
How To Pay For Grocery Store Items With Paypal
1. Find out if the store you’re shopping at accepts PayPal as a form of payment. They’ll have a sign posted somewhere in the store if they do.
2. When you check out, tell the cashier that you’d like to pay with your PayPal account. They’ll take care of the rest!
However, if this is your first time using Paypal
Just follow these steps:
1. Download the PayPal app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Make sure you have a PayPal account set up with a verified email address and phone number (you can do this in the app). If you don’t have one yet, it’s free to sign up—and it takes just a few minutes!
3. Open the grocery store’s app while at checkout and tap “Pay Now.” You’ll see an option to add a credit card or choose PayPal as your payment method. Tap on PayPal to pay with your account (you may need to enter your password).
4. That’s it! You’ve just paid for your groceries using PayPal. You’ll get an email receipt right away, with details about what was purchased and how much it cost.
What Grocery Stores Accepts PayPal Card?
If you’ve ever felt like there’s no way to pay for groceries without a credit card, we’ve got good news: You don’t need one!
With PayPal’s new in-store payment option, you can use your PayPal card to make purchases at more than 400 grocery stores across the US.
You can use your PayPal card at most major grocery chains, regardless of whether you’re buying groceries online or in-store. You just need to know which ones accept this form of payment.
Some of the best grocery stores that accept PayPal cards are:
- Rite Aid
Physical Grocery Stores That Accept PayPal Through a Payment App
Below is a list of some physical grocery stores that accept PayPal through a payment app.
- BJ’s Wholesale Club
- Brookshire’s Food & Pharmacy
- Cub Foods
- Food Lion
- Fred Meyer
- Giant Eagle
- Giant Food Stores
- King Soopers
- Save Mart Supermarkets
- SHOP ‘n SAVE Supermarkets
- Stater Bros. Markets
- Spring Market
- Star Market
- Martin’s Foods
- Sprouts Farmers Market
- Stop & Shop
- Super 1 Foods
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods Market
- WinCo Foods
In the end, buying groceries with PayPal is pretty easy to do, but there are some downsides. However, it’s a pretty good deal for coupon lovers and people who like to get great deals on their food shopping.
Perhaps more importantly, though, it depends on your reason for buying groceries with Paypal in the first place. If it’s a convenience you seek, you don’t need Grocery Store Paypal coupons.